Current Rules And Guidelines
The Ministry of Home Affairs issued an order regarding the extension of lockdown in containment zones till November 30.
Guidelines for re-opening (Unlock 5)
All the activities will be permitted outside the containment zones except the following:
- State/UT governments may decide with respect to the opening of schools and coaching institutions after 15th Oct, in a graded manner. The decision should be taken in consultation with the respective school/institution management, subject to the following conditions.
- Online education will be the preferred mode of teaching and should be encouraged.
- Students preferring to attend online classes rather than physically attending school should be permitted to do so.
- Students should attend schools/institutions only with the written consent of the parents.
- Attendance must not be enforced and must depend entirely on parental consent.
- Schools that are allowed to open will have to mandatorily follow the SOP to be issued by the Education Departments of the States/UTs.
- Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education may decide on the timing of the opening of colleges/higher education institutions in consultation with the MHA, based on the assessment of the situation. Online education will be the preferred mode of teaching and should be encouraged. However, higher education institutions only for Ph.D. scholars and postgraduate students in the science and technology stream requiring laboratory/experimental works will be permitted to open from 15th October subject to certain conditions.
- Swimming pools used for training sportspersons will be permitted to open from Oct 15, for which the SOP’s will be issued by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- Cinemas, theatres, and multiplexes outside the containment zones will be allowed to open from Oct 15, with up to 50% of their seating capacity, for which the SOP’s will be issued by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
- Entertainment parks and other similar places will be permitted to open from Oct 15, for which the SOP’s will be issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
- B2B exhibitions outside the containment zones will be allowed to open from Oct 15, for which the SOP’s will be issued by the Dept. of Commerce
- Social/political/sports/entertainment/academic/cultural/religious functions and gatherings have already been permitted with a ceiling of 100 persons outside the containment zones. Such gatherings beyond the limit of 100 people will be permitted by State/UT governments after Oct 15, subject to the following conditions.
- Max. of 50% of hall capacity with a ceiling of 200 persons in closed places. Wearing of face masks, social distancing, thermal scanning, use of hand wash or sanitizer will be mandatory.
- In open spaces, keeping the size of the ground/space in view, and with strict observance of wearing of face masks, social distancing, thermal scanning, use of hand wash, or sanitizer.
The SOP’s for the above will be issued by the respective State/UT governments.
- International air travel of passengers except as permitted by MHA.
The ‘National Directives’ for COVID-19 management will continue to follow throughout the country.
- Wearing of face cover is compulsory in public places, workplaces, and during transport.
- A minimum distance of 6 feet in public places should be ensured.
- Spitting in public places will be punishable with a fine.
- Work from home should be followed as much as possible.
- Frequent sanitization of the entire workplace, common facilities, and places of human contact is advisable.
- Social distancing should be followed.
Lockdown in containment zones:
- Lockdown shall continue in the containment zones till 31st October.
- Only essential activities will be permitted.
- No movement of people will be allowed except in emergencies such as medical emergencies and for maintaining the supply of essential goods.
States/UTs should not impose any local lockdown outside the containment zones without the prior consultation of the Central govt.
Persons above 65 years of age, persons with comorbidities, pregnant women, and children below 10 years of age are advised to stay at home except for essential and health purposes.
There will be no restrictions on inter and intrastate movement of goods and services and no separate approval/e-permit/permission is required.
Use of Aarogya Setu app:
- It enables early identification of risk of infection.
- Aarogya Setu should be installed by all employees having compatible mobile phones.
- District authorities may advise the regular update of health status on the app by the individuals.
Strict enforcement of guidelines should be done by the State/ UTs.
For the full text of the guidelines, click here.
Share with a friend