Current Rules And Guidelines
Ministry of Home Affairs issued an order regarding the extension of lockdown in containment zones till July 31. The order also stated that all the activities will be permitted outside containment zones in a calibrated manner.
Guidelines for phased re-opening (Unlock 2)
All the activities will be permitted outside the containment zones except the following:
- Schools, colleges, and other educational/coaching/training institutions to be closed till July 31. Training institutions of the Central and State governments will be allowed to function from July 15, for which the SOP’s will be issued.
- International air travel of passengers except as permitted by MHA.
- Metro Rail.
- Cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, amusement parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls, and similar places.
- Social/political/sports/entertainment/academic/cultural/religious functions and gatherings.
The decision of re-opening the above activities will be taken separately and necessary SOP’s will be issued to contain the spread of COVID-19.
- The ‘National Directives’ for COVID-19 management will continue to follow throughout the country.
- Wearing of face cover is compulsory in public places, workplaces, and during transport.
- A minimum distance of 6 feet in public places should be ensured.
- Large public gatherings will be prohibited, and in exceptional cases like marriage(not more than 50 people) and in funerals(not more than 20 people) are allowed.
- Spitting in public places will be punishable with a fine.
- Consumption of liquor, pan, gutka etc in public is prohibited.
- Work from home should be followed as much as possible.
- Frequent sanitization of the entire workplace, common facilities, and places of human contact is advisable.
- Social distancing should be followed.
- Provisions of scanning, handwash, and sanitizers will be made at all entry/exit points.
- Negotiable work hours will be followed in workplaces and shops.
- Movement of individuals will be strictly prohibited between 10:00 pm and 5:00 am throughout the country, except in emergency situations.
- Limited lockdown to containment zones:
- Lockdown shall continue in the containment zones till 31 July.
- Only essential activities will be permitted.
- No movement of people will be allowed except in emergency situations such as medical emergencies and for maintaining the supply of essential goods.
- States and UT’s will also identify the zones buffer zones (areas near the containment zones).
- These zones will be delimited by the respective district authorities as per the guidelines of MoHFW.
- States/UTs on the basis of the situation may prohibit certain activities outside the containment zones too.
- Unrestricted movement of persons and goods:-
- Movement of passengers/shramik/domestic and special international trains and flights will continue as per the SOPs issued.
- No restrictions on any type of goods and cargo vehicle will be there.
- Persons above 65 years of age, persons with comorbidities, pregnant women, and children below 10 years of age are advised to stay at home except for essential and health purposes.
- Use of Aarogya Setu app:
- It enables early identification of risk of infection.
- Aarogya Setu should be installed by all employees having compatible mobile phones.
- District authorities may advise the regular update of health status on the app by the individuals.
- Strict enforcement of guidelines should be done by the State/ UTs.
To see the full guidelines, click here.