Prevention of COVID-19
The announcement of Unlock-1 led to opening up of many places; and the government has advised to follow all the necessary precautions.
The following are basic hygiene practices that are recommended in different work, travel and household settings to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Teach your house help about COVID 19: What the virus is, how it spreads and the precaution to be taken.
- S/he should sanitise properly before entering the house. Keep soap and water or an alcohol-based sanitizer (with at least 70% alcohol) handy at the entrance.
- S/he should wear face mask at all times.
- Ask him/her to wash their hand / sanitise every time you send them out for essential items.
- When they are sent to buy essential items they should wear proper masks, plastic washable slippers, and a sanitizer (to use in case if she/he touches anything suspicious in the market/shop.
- Instruct the house help to maintain a safe physical distance of 6 feet from others.
- Try to keep away the material from your body when carrying from market. It is better to have a plastic basket/bucket with you when going to the market. Put the material in bucket and carry it to your home.
- Tender exact money for the products purchased so that one can avoid getting the change back from the shopkeeper.
- If you have a full-time house help, ask him/her to wash her/his hand thoroughly and frequently with soap and running water throughout the day.
- Maintain physical distancing (6 feet) with domestic help. Don’t stay close to him/her at the time for giving instructions.
- If s/he shows any symptom(s) of COVID-19, s/he should be asked to isolate/home quarantine.
- If s/he shows any symptom ofCOVID-19, s/he should be taken for testing and medical check-up immediately. Provide him/her with necessary support for getting medical help immediately.